What Is Udimi Solo Ads?
Udimi is a network where advertisers and publishers exchange trades specifically for solo ads. Currently there is no other major network similar to Udimi where any individuals are free to join. So what is Udimi solo ads? Today I'd like to show you what it is and review the services I often receive there.
What Is A Solo Ad?
"Solo" as in single, meaning one mailshot that goes out to a list of people. A publisher ("Solo Seller") has a list of email addresses which is confidential to themselves. You as an advertiser write a sales letter in email format ("email swipe"), with a link to your webpage, or whatever page you want the recipients to visit. And a solo seller sends your email swipe out on your behalf for a fee.
Udimi - How Much Does It Cost You?
You make a payment in advance, but will be charged per click. Means you'll only be charged each time a recipient click to open your webpage. Plus $3 flat administration fee to Udimi each time you place a solo ad order.
With sellers advertised in Udimi, typical fee is around $0.35 - $0.60 per click. The number of clicks starts from 50 up to 1,000. So if a seller's fee is $0.50 per click and you want your swipe email clicked by 100 people, it will be $50. Plus $3 admin fee = $53 in total to pay in advance. Does it make sense? I'll show one Udimi seller as an example later on this page.
How To Find A Good Seller In Udimi
The list of solo ad sellers can be filtered by earliest available date (Today, Tomorrow....), how many clicks you want, charge per click, number of ratings, niche etc. The image above are filtered by ratings, showing 3 of the best solo ad sellers as of today. Niche can be filtered by Marketing, Finance, Health, Mobile or Social.
As you can see, the top seller Malik here, charges a lot more than other two, but while 2,005 buyers have rated good (thumbs-up), only one has rated thumbs down. It means satisfaction's almost guaranteed with this seller.
Buyers have an option to rate the seller. A lot of sellers "over-deliver" the clicks as a complement and, in this happy feedback example above, 185 clicks were delivered where only 150 clicks had been requested. 50% opt-in meaning about 90 people of which became this buyer's subscribers, which is great.
Solo Ad Statistics
After your solo ad has been delivered, you'll be able to see the statistics, i.e. information of each individual who clicked your ad. It includes the time of the click, country, operating system, browser, desktop or mobile and the IP address.
Placing A Solo Ad Order
When you've chosen a seller, the next few steps are;
- Choose a desired date to get your email ad sent out. The available date for the seller is shown in bold.
- How many clicks you want to buy - in this example, the seller charges you $0.42 per click. So if you want to buy 50 clicks, it will be 50 x $0.42 = $21. Plus $3 admin fee, to pay.
- Filters - Only T1 - "T1 countries" are wealthiest countries of the world including USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Singapore. With this example, 88% of the recipients are from T1 countries and, if you want 100% clicked by visitors from T1 countries, check the box here. However you'll be charged 10 cents extra per click.
- Filters - No Proxy - visitors who use transparent proxy cannot be identified by their IP address. They can be excluded by paying 15 cents extra per click. 2% of the visitors that this particular seller in the example use transparent proxy.
- Filters - No Mobile - visitors on mobile devices can be filtered by paying 15 cents extra per click. Useful if your site is not mobile-friendly. 5% of the visitors in this seller are on mobile devices.
- Type - Email solo ad means the seller will send your swipe to own list of subscribers, whilst Web solo ad means they will put your link on own website, social media page such as Facebook that has relevant traffic to your ad.
- Swipe - this is where you type in your swipe ad. Title in the subject box, then your sales letter in the main box. As you can see it is in basic HTML format (font size, style, colour etc with hyperlink to add).
There are a couple of more optional extras you can choose;
- If you're not confident enough to write a swipe ad yourself, this example seller offers to write it on your behalf for $5.50. Not everyone offers this.
- You can become an Udimi Prime member for 1/2 price. Normally $99.60 for 6 months, but in this occasion you are offered 50% off. The benefit of Prime account is explained later.
So in this example above, the total is shown as $24. That's 50 clicks x $0.42 per click plus $3 flat fee = $24, without choosing any extra options.
Udimi Prime Membership
So usual prices is $99.60 for 6 months, often discounted by 50%. I think it's only worth it for very heavy users. The advantages with Udimi Prime membership are mostly to do with the traffic analysis, including heatmaps feature.
- Click heatmaps, Attention heatmaps and time spent on site.
- You'll be able to watch how the individual visitors use your site on video - just like SpyVisit.
- Statistics of Udimi solo ads (time of each click, country, operating system, browser, desktop or mobile, IP address) are archived after 60 days. But the statistics of Prime members stay forever.
- Free access to SoloCalendar.com - this is an advantage of sellers to monitor, schedule and manage solos and buyers.
- Udimi has its own advanced filtering system to exclude false or useless traffic. For Prime users, additional filtering levels are added, average of 14% more useless traffic will be excluded.
- Prime members can have their support tickets answered quicker. They have an access to Live Chat, which is not open to free members.
Udimi Solo Ads
I see solo ad services as essential tools in order to grow your online business. Udimi is a handy platform to find solo ad sellers. And by keeping good relationship with good sellers, you can steadily increase the number of subscribers, hence increase your sales. Signing up with Udimi is free, I'd recommend to create an account and look around.