No one marketing method fits for all. As your business grows, segmenting your audience and running separate campaigns accordingly become inevitable. And you do need an automation tool to make no mistake - it's impossible to manage campaigns manually, for example, send a "thank you for your purchase" message only to those who purchased something. If you are a WordPress user and looking for such a tool, my Thrive Automator review will show you how this plugin allows you to automate customized messages. Some third-party automation tools can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars per year, so this easy plugin will save you a lot of money and time to manage. Whether you are trying to increase your brand awareness or promoting multiple products as an affiliate, I believe this tool will become very useful.
Thrive Automator Review
$228 per year (incl. 9 other plugins plus theme builder)
What Is Thrive Automator?
Thrive Automator is a WordPress plugin that enables you to program a response according to your site visitor's action. It helps you create workflows between different apps, other plugins, and autoresponders. For example, if you have an online store using a popular free WooCommerce plugin, it can automatically add a customer to your specific mailing list when they purchase a product. It can also add them to a different mailing list when they decide not to purchase it and leave.
This product is currently available only to Thrive Suite users (annual membership holders) which is a good thing. Because the membership fee of $19 per month ($228 per year) includes 10 WordPress plugins as well as a fully customizable theme builder. Thrive Automator can work with some of these plugins to help you build new marketing strategies, such as;
- Can work with Thrive Apprentice (online course builder plugin) - Add tags to your subscribers' list when your course student completes a specific module.
- Can work with Thrive Ultimatum (a countdown timer plugin) - Start a countdown campaign for a limited-time course offer as soon as your student completes your free webinar.
- Can work with Thrive Quiz Builder plugin - Give your audience a set of questions and enroll them in your online course if they exceed a certain score.
You can set up as many automation workflows. Setting up is easy, no technical skill is required, and you can edit any of the automation processes at any time you want. And of course, it is an automation tool so the hardest part is the setup part. You'll only need to touch it again should you need to make a change.
Who Is Thrive Automator For?
Well, the whole Thrive Suite is designed primarily to capture the audience and convert them into your regular users (customers, students, or followers.)
Perhaps the most popular plugin is the visual page builder (Thrive Architect) which is also part of Thrive Suite. It helps you create a stunning website without any technical skills, and the features make it stand out from the crowd. If you are just about to create your first site, Thrive Automator may not be needed immediately, but it will definitely come in handy in order to grow your business. So this plugin will be suitable for;
- Any small business owner
- A tutor who wishes to create training courses and grow the number of students
- Affiliate marketer
- Non-profitable organization
- A quiz master or social influencer who wishes to grow the audience
Needless to say, Thrive Automator is a WordPress plugin and it only works on a self-hosted WordPress site (not a free website builder WordPress.com.) If you have no experience in building a WordPress site, try Bluehost, which is one of the cheapest but most reliable web hosting companies. But if you already work on any other site builder or sales funnel builder other than WordPress, Thrive Automator won't work.
Installing Thrive Automator is easy. When you become an annual member, all you have to download is one zip file named "Thrive Product Manager" which is as small as 184Kb, and this will let you install the theme builder as well as any of the 10 plugins including Thrive Automator. The steps are;
- Sign up with Thrive Themes and pay your membership fee. You'll be provided with your login detail. Set your password.
- Log on to your Thrive account page and download Thrive Product Manager zip file.
- Go to your WordPress admin, install the zip file as you normally do (Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin), and activate it.
- "Thrive Dashboard" will appear on your WP-admin. From here, you log on to your Thrive account using your ID and password.
- You only need to log on once at the very beginning. Your WP-admin will be connected to Thrive Themes unless you log out.
- Now you'll be able to install any of the plugins (or the theme) with literally two clicks.
Once Thrive Automator and other apps or plugins of your choice are installed, setting up the workflow is pretty self-explanatory. The basic automation is 2 steps; trigger and action. You tell it to take action when something happens. For example;
- Trigger - when a customer completes a purchase on your WooCommerce store site,
- Action - that customer will be tagged "purchased" in your subscribers' list.
Additionally, you can add a condition to both the trigger and the action, for example;
- Filter the trigger - only when a customer purchases a specific product, or apply it only to the customers who live in the specific city/cities.
- Delay the action - send the email X days after the purchase.
What I Like About Thrive Automator
I like the fact that this automation tool can help you refine your audience/customer. It can automatically send personalized email messages to relevant subscribers based on the product they purchased (or they didn't purchase.) Of course, you'll have to compose separate messages on your autoresponder accordingly. But you'll only have to do it once at the beginning.
Better, personalized engagement value means an increase in your revenue, and I believe this tool will be handy in the long term.
What I Don't Like About Thrive Automator
It's a new plugin, the developers are still looking for feedback from the users, and they're looking to add more automation features in the near future. I think it's a great plugin, but right now I'm not blown away by it. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more integrations with other third-party apps.
Product Updates and Support
Not just Thrive Automator but all the Thrive Theme products are continuously updated and, new versions are released as frequently as weekly. Each time a new update will automatically appear on your WP-admin dashboard. If you are a WordPress user, you know all you have to do is to click the "update" button and the new version will be installed within a few seconds.
As for the product support - Thrive Themes member site is rich with knowledge-base and, if you have any question or problem, a support desk is open any time of day, 7 days a week.
Thrive Automator Pros and Cons
Thrive Automator Review - Conclusion:
If you are new to building a WordPress site, Thrive Automator adds another reason for you to try out Thrive Themes products. Only for $19 per month, you'll be able to get a premium, fully customizable theme, drag-and-drop visual page builder, plus useful plugins including an extra lead generation tool, quiz builder, course builder, and so on. The price includes any future updates and 24/7 support, so this is definitely the money worth spending for any individual online business owner.
For $228/year or $90/quarter
Thrive Suite Includes: