Social media has its share advantages because many companies are using it as a platform to connect with their clients and customers. It is also important to indicate that most of the current generation is on social media. This is as a result of advancement in technology. Companies are encouraged to use this as a platform. In 2019, statistics indicate that majority of company profits were as a result of social media campaigns that they ran.
Increase in Brand Awareness
The first benefit of having social media for your company is the fact that it increases brand awareness. People are able to know of your brand with no effort at all from the company. Advertising on social media is easy and less costly compared to other traditional means of advertising.
When people learn and interact with the brand on social media, it plays a very important in terms raising customer confidence. People are able to familiarize themselves with many products and services the company offers.
Create Engaging Content
Creating engaging, interesting, and relevant content is essential to growing your brand presence on social media platforms. But what exactly constitutes "engaging" content? When creating content for your brand's social media channels:
- Know your audience: Who are you trying to reach with your content? What kinds of things are they interested in? Creating content that appeals to your target audience is essential for engagement.
- Be timely: In addition to being relevant to your audience, your content should also be timely. This means posting about current events, hot topics, etc. that will be of interest to your followers.
- Keep it short and clear: In today's busy world, people don't have the time or attention span for long-winded posts. Keep your content brief and to the point for the best results.
- Use calls to action: Include calls to action in your posts whenever possible (e.g., "like this if you agree," "share this with a friend," etc.) This helps encourage engagement and gets people interacting with your brand on social media.
Humanizing the Brand
Research has established that majority of people especially adults will not trust the brand until they have been able to physically see how the brand works. Social media advocacy will play an important role in ensuring that the brand is known to this group of people.
Partner with Other Brands
In today's social media landscape, it's important to consider partnering with other brands in order to reach a wider audience. There are a few different ways to go about this:
- You can partner with a complementary brand that has a similar target audience as you. For example, if you sell natural beauty products, you could partner with a brand that sells organic clothing. This way, you can cross-promote each other's products and reach a larger group of people who are interested in sustainable living.
- You can also partner with a brand that is completely unrelated to your own but whose values align with yours. For example, if you're a eco-friendly clothing company, you could partner with an organization that promotes sustainability. This way, you can tap into their network of supporters and expand your reach even further.
- Finally, you can also partner with another business in your industry who is doing something innovative that you think your audience would be interested in. For example, if you sell eco-friendly home goods, you could partner with a company that provides green energy solutions. This way, you can offer your customers even more ways to live sustainably.
No matter which route you decide to go, partnering with other brands is an excellent way to grow your social media following and expand your reach. So don't be afraid to think outside the box and collaborate.
Establishing thought leadership
Close to a half of those involved in B2B have the thoughts that thought leadership plays a big role in building trust. This is basically ensuring that there is always a way in which the clientele can connect with your brand. They can always have information from a wide range of topics related to your niche.
Your company can share important developments via social media and the information can easily reach the target audience on time and more accurately.
Research has indicated that majority of people log in to their social media accounts at least once a day while others log in from time to time.
Social media give you the chance of exploiting this opportunity and making sure that the customers get your information as soon as they log in.
Host a Twitter Chat
Twitter chats are a great way to get involved in conversations about your industry, learn from others, and build relationships. To host a Twitter chat, you'll need to choose a hashtag, promote the chat in advance, and moderate the conversation during the chat. You can use Twitter chats to:
- Build relationships with influencers and customers
- Generate leads
- Increase brand awareness
- Drive traffic to your website
- Conduct market research
- Provide customer service
Before you host a Twitter chat, you'll need to do some planning. Here are a few tips:
- Choose a relevant hashtag: The hashtag you choose will be used to promote the chat and identify the tweets during the chat. Choose a hashtag that is easy to remember and relevant to your brand.
- Promote the chat: Use Twitter, email, and other marketing channels to promote the chat. Make sure you include all of the details such as the date, time, hashtag, and topic of conversation. Create a graphic with this information to share on social media.
- Moderate the conversation: During the chat, you'll need to monitor and moderate the conversation. This means answering questions, retweeting interesting comments, and keeping an eye out for spammy or inappropriate tweets. You can assign someone on your team to help with this or use a tool like Tweetdeck which makes it easy to follow multiple hashtags at once.
Increase of Traffic on your website
Users of social media are likely to connect to your website every time they log in. This is as a result of important links that are shared on your social media account and redirected to your website.
Once they have connected to your website they will be able to read more information in terms of the products and services that you offer. They can then relate to the products and most likely purchase them.
Leverage User-Generated Content
User-generated content (UGC) is a powerful tool that can help you promote your brand on social media. UGC is any content that is created by your fans or followers, and it can include things like photos, videos, reviews, and testimonials.
Using UGC is a great way to connect with your audience and build trust and credibility for your brand. When people see that other consumers are happy with your products or services, they're more likely to give you a try.
Analyze Your Results
Once you've completed your social media audit, it's time to analyze your results. This will help you understand what's working well and where you can improve.
- Start by looking at your overall reach. How many people are seeing your content? Are you reaching your target audience? If not, consider ways to adjust your content or targeting.
- Take a look at engagement. Are people liking, commenting, and sharing your content? If not, try experimenting with different types of content or strategies for getting people to interact with your brand.
- Consider conversion. Is social media helping you achieve your business goals? If not, figure out how you can better use social media to drive results.
Keep in mind that it takes time to see results from social media. Don't be discouraged if you don't see immediate improvements after making changes. Just keep track of your metrics over time so you can see how your efforts are paying off.
There are many other advantages of using social media as a way of promoting your brand. The ripple effect is the fact that it helps generate leads and boost sales. It is also important to indicate that it helps in creating a customer base that can resonate with your brand.
It has been forecasted that social media use will increase with increase in technology. This is what the world is experiencing and will continue to experience in 2019 and years to come.
AshemaKevin is a Freelance writer. He covers all topics revolving around business. You can follow him on Twitter @ashemakevin
Author // Kevin Ashema