Internet live stats confirm that there are over 100,000 Google searches each second as of 2022. That’s over 8.6 billion searches a day. That’s huge! Each search relevant to your product or service presents an opportunity to parade what you sell to the right audience.
Using Google Ads to promote your business is one of those opportunities that could cost-effectively grow your business tremendously. But you need to know how to do it right to realize a positive growth trajectory.
As a business owner, you need to set aside a budget to invest in Google Ads. Alternatively, you can approach lenders who offer small business loans so that you capitalize on this advertising option for a competitive edge in a crowded marketplace.
We’ll guide you through the process to make the most of this incredible marketing springboard.
What Is Google Ads?
Google Ads is an online advertising platform that Google avails to businesses to bid and exhibit their products or services to potential buyers when they conduct Google searches on the internet.
The ads may typically appear as a paid advert among the results of Google searches or appear on non-search videos, websites, or apps on mobile phones.
Google Ads can potentially turbo-charge your marketing campaigns by displaying your brand before numerous prospects.
Why Should Small Businesses Invest In Marketing Ads?
Here’s why your business should invest in Google Ads.
1. A flexible budget with no considerable upfront advertising costs
You can set up Google Ads with a small budget, unlike many other advertisement platforms that require a huge upfront cost. Besides, it has no minimum monthly costs. You’re in the driver’s seat of your advertisement budget and can set the daily cap on your advertising expenditure. When you need to spend more on advertising, you can reach for small business loans from digital lenders like Camino Financial.
2. Easy to measure your marketing return on investment (ROI)
Google Analytics makes tracking traffic from a pay-per-click (PPC) advertisement to your landing page and the eventual purchases a breeze. It’s a fantastic tool to measure the effectiveness of your online marketing strategy to help you optimize your efforts.
3. Improving your sales leads and conversions
Google Ads can potentially turbo-charge your marketing campaigns by displaying your brand before numerous prospects. This increases the traffic to your landing page that can potentially result in higher conversion and sales.
4. Attaining a competitive edge
Competitors using Google Ads are likely going to outrank you on a Google search even if you’re ranking well on organic searches. That’s why you need to consider using Google Ads to bypass the slow process of ranking highly using organic-SEO as you continue to optimize your website for SEO.
5. Efficiency as it focuses on targeted audiences
With Google Ads, you can zero in on audiences based on their location, demographics, time, or the devices they’re using. Data mining from such a focused marketing campaign can help you fine-tune your subsequent pay-per-click ads to maximize audience efforts with a high conversion rate.
6. Quicker results
Let’s be honest. Many small and new businesses struggle to rank highly using organic SEO as it takes time to rank highly. A pay-per-click campaign makes it easier to rank highly with promoted content.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Getting Customers Through Google Ads
Advantages of Google Ads
Disadvantages of Google Ads
What You Need To Know To Create An Ads Campaign
Determine what you intend to spend on the advertising campaign. Can your business generate sufficient cash flows to support the budget? If not, consider external financing through small business loans.
Be clear on the expected returns from the advertising initiative. A successful marketing campaign should drive relevant traffic to the business and increase sales over the organic sales growth.
Have a highly targeted audience
For high conversion, define your audience clearly and reach them most appropriately with their buying journey.
Type of advertising
Google Ads may come in search campaigns, video campaigns, display campaigns, app campaigns, or shopping campaigns. Choose what’s most suitable for your targeted audience.
Find out what others in your industry are doing, what’s working, and what’s not. This will help you benchmark against best practices in the industry to formulate advertising strategies that are proven to work.
Learning SEO Is Not Hard!
Build a website for free, learn everything about driving organic traffic and make your affiliate marketing business successful!
How To Create A Google Ads Campaign
We’ll outline a simplified guide to setting up your Google Ads.
- Familiarize yourself with the basic terms used such as Bid, Keyword, CPC (Cost-per-click), Ad Rank, Conversion.
- Have a clear goal for your advertising campaign; are you looking for more signups, more customer visits from your location, or increased calls?
- Select a target audience for your campaign
- Pick the keywords you’ll use for your campaign using Google’s keyword planner
- Refine your keywords by selecting the appropriate keyword match type on Google
- Set up your budget; determine the daily Cost-Per-Click that you’re willing to pay for the advertisement
- Link the ad to your website’s landing page, where you’ll drive traffic for potential conversion; the page should be simple, clear, and compelling to convert leads into sales.
- Determine what devices you want your ad to be shown on; are your customers mostly on mobile devices, computers, or both?
- Craft a winning ad; it should be persuasive yet straightforward to draw in the reader and convert casual leads into enthusiastic buyers.
- Link your account to Google Analytics for vital data on how visitors to your page interact with the contents and the ad.
- Activate your ad and await approval from Google for your advert to go live.
Tips To Save Your Marketing Budget
Businesses that optimize their marketing budgets improve on their bottom line and eventually grow. With these simple tips, you can save on your marketing budget.
- Ruthlessly work with data from previous marketing campaigns to see what works and what doesn’t. Stick with strategies that are proven to bring results
- Work on retaining existing clients by rewarding loyalty and offering benefits to those who give referrals.
- Capitalize on low-hanging fruits by having an effective social media presence on platforms that are popular with your target audience.
- Work at growing the organic SEO to your online resources over time by offering valuable insights and linking to worthwhile networks.
Google Ads are an online marketing alternative that small businesses should take a keen interest in to increase sales and awareness of their companies. Reach for small business loans today if finances impede launching your Google Ads campaign.