How you define "the best life" is up to you. Life owes us all the same respect we deserve, so the least you can do to respect your life in return is to put in all your efforts to make yourself happy and proud. But what does it mean by putting in the effort? What makes us happy?
Here are 101 quotes about living the best life for you: we are all unique individuals, and we don't expect you to follow or even agree with every single one of them. But all of the following is to provide you with positive perspectives in life. No matter what your circumstances are right now, we hope you find these quotes helpful in creating a fulfilling life for yourself.
- 1"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Breault
- 2"The worst thing that happens to you may be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you." - Will Rogers
- 3"Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls." - Joseph Campbell
- 4"You only pass through this life once, you don’t come back for an encore." - Elvis Presley
- 5"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." - Eleanor Roosevelt
- 6"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life." - Steve Jobs
- 7"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
- 8"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." - Oprah Winfrey
- 9"Don't be content in your life just to do no wrong, be prepared every day to try and do some good." - Nicholas Winton
- 10"Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince the person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise." - Zig Ziglar
11. "Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit." - E. E. Cummings
- 12"The road to your success is not a highway. You have to create it as you go." - Bangambiki Habyarimana
- 13"Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will." - Suzy Kassem
- 14"I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacation with better care than they do their lives. Perhaps that is because escape is easier than change." - Jim Rohn
- 15"The world needs that special gift that only you have." - Marie Forleo
- 16"If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee
- 17"The question you should be asking isn’t, “What do I want?” or “What are my goals?” but “What would excite me?" - Tim Ferriss
- 18"Better an “oops” than a “what if”."
- 19"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have." - Abraham Lincoln
- 20"If you're doing your best, you won't have any time to worry about failure." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- 21"We’re only here for a short while. And I think it’s such a lucky accident, having been born, that we’re almost obliged to pay attention." - Mark Strand
- 22"Today's a beautiful day, and yesterday was a beautiful day, so that means it's a great life." - Gnash
- 23"Follow your dreams. They know the way." - Kobe Yamada
- 24"You get one life. Live it in a way that inspires someone." - Robert T. Kiyosaki
- 25"The best you can do is always be upfront, always be real and always tell the truth."
- 26"I want to live my life so that my nights are not full of regrets." - D. H. Lawrence
- 27"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy." - Guillaume Apollinaire
- 28"The best thing in life is to go ahead with all your plans and your dreams, to embrace life and to live everyday with passion, to lose and still keep the faith and to win while being grateful. All of this because the world belongs to those who dare to go after what they want. And because life is really too short to be insignificant." - Charlie Chaplin
- 29"Life is a mysterious mix of beautiful, challenging, and painful experiences. No one can predict how it will unfold and we don't always understand why it unfolds the way it does." - Akirah Robinson
- 30"A great obstacle to happiness is to expect too much happiness." - Bernard Le Bovier de Fontenelle
31. "Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there." - Will Smith
- 32"Never let your doubt blind your goals, for your future lies in your ability, not your failure."
- 33"Don’t go through life, grow through life." - Eric Butterworth
- 34"Think about it: What’s the worst thing that can happen to you if you just totally go for it?" - Grant Cardone
- 35"Do not look for approval except for the consciousness of doing your best." - Andrew Carnegie
- 36"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- 37"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
- 38"I have found that if you love life, life will love you back." - Arthur Rubinstein
- 39"I believe you make your day. You make your life. So much of it is all perception, and this is the form that I built for myself. I have to accept it and work within those compounds, and it's up to me." - Brad Pitt
- 40"We can’t control the world. We can only (barely) control our own reactions to it. Happiness is largely a choice, not a right or entitlement." - David C. Hill
- 41"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." - Leonardo da Vinci
- 42"Success on any level begins when you accept responsibility for creating life what you want. You are the only person who can truly make it happen. Not your boss, your business partner, your financial planner, your spouse of life-partner. Just you." - Paul Clitheroe
- 43"If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present." - Roy T. Bennett
- 44"Life is a flash of lightning in the dark of night. It is a brief time of tremendous potential." - B. Alan Wallace
- 45"Every day, it’s important to ask and answer these questions: “What’s good in my life?” and “What needs to be done?" - Nathaniel Branden
46. "When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life." - John Lennon
- 47"If you do things well, do them better. Be daring, be first, be different, be just." - Anita Roddick
- 48"Some people have learned to earn well but they haven't learned to live well." - Jim Rohn
- 49"Go out and change the world. The more you study, the more you should have."
- 50"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions." - Dalai Lama
- 51"Just around the bend, a miracle is waiting to happen. Release fear and uncertainty, and majestic wonders wait to unfold for you." - Denise Linn
- 52"Love what you do and do what you love. Passion is the key that opens the door to joy and abundance." - David Cuschieri
- 53"One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure." - William Feather
54. "I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to." - Jimi Hendrix
- 55"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions louder than your words."
- 56"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen for you, to you and because of you." - T. Alan Armstrong
- 57"Make the most of yourself - for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- 58"When your passion and purpose are greater than your fears and excuses, you will find a way."
- 59"Living your best life is your most important journey in life." - Oprah Winfrey
- 60"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humour, and some style." - Maya Angelou
- 61"Society is going to judge you anyway, so do whatever you want to do. No guts no glory." - Ziad K. Abdelnour
- 62"There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called Yesterday and the other is called Tomorrow. Today is the right day to Love, Believe, Do and mostly Live." - Dalai Lama
- 63"At its best, life is completely unpredictable." - Christopher Walken
- 64"Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else." - Sara Blakely
- 65"When you cease to dream you cease to live." - Malcolm Forbes
- 66"Life is too short for long-term grudges." - Elon Musk
- 67"Life just becomes more pleasant when you have a positive point of view." - Rohen Phoenix
68. "(L.I.F.E) Living In Full Effect."
- 69"Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us." - John N. Mitchell
- 70"Life has no limitations, except the ones you make." - Les Brown
- 71"Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong." - Ella Fitzgerald
- 72"The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on." - Barack Obama
- 73"You are confined only by the walls you build yourself." - Andrew Murphy
- 74"You are a gift to earth, so you deserve the best."
- 75"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist." - Oscar Wilde
- 76"What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are." - Anthony Robbins
- 77"Life is not a puzzle to be solved. Life is a masterpiece that you create." - Brittany Burgunder
- 78"Whatever you want to do, if you do it with all your heart, it will happen." - William Kamkwamba
- 79"You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." - Zig Ziglar
- 80"I get that you're scared and that you've been hurt. But doing what is easy and safe is no way to live, and a life without passion and love is so far beneath what you deserve." - Kiersten White
- 81"Don’t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
82. "Invest in yourself every day, and your every waking hour will be enriched." - Ray Alexander
- 83"We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams." - Jimmy Carter
- 84"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy." - Norman Vincent Peale
- 85"If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further along in life than most people." - Leonardo DiCaprio
- 86"Keep running; keep dreaming, keep alive the flame of hope; defeat and despair will not catch up with you." - Bangambiki Habyarimana
- 87"Getting unstuck is a matter of choice. If you want flourish in life make a choice today to move into that reality. You can do it." - Sereda Aleta Dailey
- 88"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage." - Anais Nin
- 89"If you ask me what I came into this life to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud." - Émile Zola
- 90"The more you let go, the higher you rise."
Supercharge Your AWeber Account
Take Your Email Marketing To The Next Level With These Powerful Tools
- 91"We only have one life and one body to care of, and we better do it right. You never know what tomorrow may bring and so we better live this life the best we can and be grateful for everything we have." - Novak Djokovic
- 92"The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it." - Henry Ford
- 93"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters, in the end." - Ursula K. Le Guin
- 94"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
- 95"I’m looking forward to continuing to learn from my past, living in the present, and surrendering to the future." - Beyoncé
- 96"I just have a great life. I know great people. I've had great relationships - all different kinds of relationships. I am so lucky to be on the little golden path that led me to all this." - Julia Roberts
- 97"The only thing that’s keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself." - Anthony Robbins
- 98"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." - Joe Lewis
- 99"Take life by its throat, do something. Stop being f***ing scared." - Gary Vaynerchuk
- 100"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life." - Charles R. Swindoll
101. "There'll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em." - Kevin Welch
Hi, thank you for the wonderful quotes. The only thing you live for is a short period of time, so trying your best is the only way to make the most out of it. You made a great statement, Ray. To enrich your entire life, you should always try to invest in yourself. All day long you will waste that one day of your life if you don’t do anything productive. In a world where no one does anything for a long period of time, you will only go backwards and find it even harder to return to your previous lifestyle. I really enjoyed your post, thank you.
Thanks for your comment Hitesh, we appreciate it!
“Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.” – Will Smith
Well you said it and amplified your own act of violence to the world LMAO.