If you don't know what TikTok is... Hello? I don’t need to explain what TikTok is, but in case you’ve never used it before, I'll just tell you anyway. TikTok is a social video app that lets you make short videos to share with friends and followers. It’s a fabulous way to create fun content and grow your audience just like you may be doing it on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. TikTok also has one of the most engaged audiences in the world - it merged with another social media platform Musical.ly in 2018 and the number of users is only growing right now. It’s expected to reach 1.8 billion by the end of 2022, according to Business of Apps.
The app was originally created by Chinese company ByteDance, but it now operates under the name of TikTok. One of the fastest-growing social media platforms in history, this platform has gained enormous popularity. The app is currently available in more than 200 countries and not surprisingly, it's one of the most downloaded apps on the Google Play Store. On top of that, this app has over 1 billion downloads worldwide, making it one of the most popular apps on iOS and Android devices.
What Is TikTok Marketing?
TikTok is not just for social or recreational use. People have been using this platform for marketing purposes since it launched back in 2016 - so I am excited to share some of my best tips here.
The recent explosion in popularity has made TikTok an interesting choice for marketers looking to reach new audiences or grow their existing audience base. It also offers many different types of advertising opportunities - from influencer marketing campaigns aimed at Gen Z to sponsored posts that appear at the top of search results when potential customers search for specific keywords related to your business.
Why Should You Start a TikTok Marketing Strategy?
TikTok is a fantastic platform for brands because it offers:
- A large user base in the T1 countries (U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, New Zealand ) as well as other countries around the world.
- An engaged audience that regularly creates content on the platform.
- Multiple ways you can engage with users who have watched your video.
This popular app is easy to use, has an active community and lets you reach new audiences.
Is TikTok For Business?
I'm sure you understand by now that TikTok is such an awesome platform to connect with your audience and build your brand. You can give them a glimpse into how you work, what you do, and why they should care about it.
TikTok allows for maximum creativity when it comes to video content, so if you’re looking for an outlet where there are no rules or restrictions on what your posts can be like then this app is perfect!
You can create funny videos that include product placement – in fact, many companies are doing just this right now! This makes TikTok one of the best ways for businesses to advertise their products or services through social media marketing.
What's The Best Way To Market On TikTok?
The best way to market on TikTok is by creating a profile and uploading videos, just like any other social media platform. You can use hashtags to help people find your content, but it’s important not to overdo it - you don’t want to seem desperate for views or followers. Instead, focus on building an engaged audience who will appreciate what you have to offer!
How To Get Started With Your Video Marketing On TikTok
When you're creating TikTok marketing content, there are a few important things to keep in mind.
First, you'll want to make sure that the topic of your video is something relevant to your brand or product. You can use any location as long as it's visually appealing and fits the theme of your video.
If you have multiple people in the video, make sure everyone has their own script written out so they know what they're going to say when it's time for filming. It can also be helpful if each person has their own camera angle so that editing will be easier later on.
Next up: lighting! Make sure that wherever you choose for filming get plenty of natural light during the day and maybe even some artificial light at night if necessary - after all, no one wants an oddly dark shot ruining their beautiful editing work later on (we've all been there).
Lighting will always depend on the type of environment where everything takes place - for example, if someone decides against using artificial light sources at night then sunrise might look better than sunset due to how quickly shadows change throughout those two hours (but watch out - sometimes sunsets create amazing color contrasts). Just remember not too bright/too dark; neither looks good when trying to recreate something realistic looking through software like Adobe After Effects."
Is TikTok Good for Affiliate Marketing?
If you're thinking about promoting affiliate products on TikTok and don't have any experience with this type of marketing, here's what you need to know.
First of all, it's important to note that TikTok is not a platform for affiliate marketing in the strictest sense. You can't use ads or banners to promote your products; instead, you have to create videos with branded hashtags and then hope that other users will use those hashtags when they search for content related to that product. However, it's still possible - and it can be profitable - to make money by using this strategy.
TikTok Affiliate Program
TikTok has a number of ways to make money, including driving traffic to your website or brand. TikTok’s affiliate program is just one way for you to make money by promoting TikTok to others.
If you’ve got a website or YouTube channel with a large audience and want to earn more revenue from it, then the TikTok affiliate program is definitely worth looking into.
The Story Mode
The TikTok Story Mode lets you create a customized story for your brand. The Story Mode allows you to feature a variety of different content, from videos to products to photos and more. It’s the perfect place to showcase everything that makes your business unique.
Story mode is the most popular feature on TikTok, so use it to your advantage! If you don't have a story yet, create one now. You can do this by adding pictures, editing existing stories or creating a new one from scratch.
Make sure to add relevant hashtags so that people know what's going on in your story! Don't forget about filters because they make everything look better. And if someone likes what they see in your filter, then that's another way for them to follow you back on TikTok.
When editing existing stories or creating new ones from scratch, make sure that each clip has its own caption so viewers can understand what's happening in each scene of your video before moving on to something else entirely different later down the line."
Get More Likes, Shares and Subscribers with TikTok
TikTok advertising can help you get more likes, shares and subscribers. If you're looking to increase your following on TikTok, then follow these steps for successful TikTok marketing.
- Use hashtags. Hashtags are the best way to find other users who may be interested in your content and help spread it further. If you use hashtags that match up with popular topics, such as #food or #fashion, you'll get more views than if you just used generic hashtags like #music or #art.
- Use filters and captions. Filters are fabulous because they help make your videos stand out from the crowd by adding an extra bit of flair to them—and people love a good filter! Captions work well together with filters: people will want to see what kind of video is behind that fun filter before they watch it, so make sure there's something interesting inside the caption area when using one!
- Sound effects also add another dimension to TikTok marketing; they can really bring your video alive and make it feel more professional-looking too! Try using sound effects like applause or laughter (or even animal noises) at the end of each scene so viewers know when one scene ends and another begins without having those transitions feel abrupt."
TikTok Marketing Automation Tools
If you're looking for ways to leverage TikTok's power, there are a few tools that can help. Here are some of the most popular TikTok marketing automation tools:
Viral Content Bee
Viral Content Bee (VCB) is a content producer that creates and publishes videos on your behalf. They also offer Channel Management Services (CMS), which includes social media management and promotion, influencer outreach, video production/editing and more.
Social Blade is a tool that monitors your account's reach on different social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook so that you can keep track of engagement metrics like impressions (how many people saw your posts), shares or likes per post—and more! This information allows you to measure how much exposure each post gets so that you can make informed decisions about what types of content perform best with your audience.
TikTok Marketing Courses
You can find TikTok marketing courses, tools and strategies to learn the basics of how to grow a following on TikTok. Udemy is a reputable training course platform, and you can find several TikTok marketing courses there.
These courses will help you gain skills and understand how-tos such as:
- The basics - set up a TikTok account the right way (optimize your profile for maximum exposure) and learn how to navigate the platform.
- Learn how the TikTok algorithm works.
- Discover how TikTok is helping influencers and brands achieve success.
- Have your ads running on TikTok.
- Learn how to find and participate in trending challenges.
- Create viral content without expensive equipment or complicated video editing skills.
- Find and use trending hashtags.
- Grow brand exposure.
- Grow followers quickly and build a community of fans.
- Drive your followers to your other social profiles, e.g. YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Learn how to get others to help you improve your business.
Basically, you will know all the basics such as what kind of content performs well and how long your video should be. Then you’ll learn how to become a successful TikTok marketer. They’ll also teach you how to optimize your profile using best practices like adding links or using custom titles for thumbnails.
If you want an even more advanced look into the business side of things, it’s definitely worth checking out some courses on Udemy. I have picked some of the popular courses currently run on Udemy;
- TikTok Masterclass - Complete Guide to Tik Tok by Indie Media (16k+ students)
- Complete TikTok Marketing Course for Business TikTok Habits by TJ Walker, Jake Senn, Media Training Worldwide Digital (21+ students)
- A Complete Content Marketing Course for TikTokers by Kareen Williams (4,000 students)
- TikTok Marketing 101: The Ultimate Guide for Beginners by Janosch Hermann (700+ students)
If you're not too keen on TikTok, don't fret. There are plenty of other ways to promote your brand and reach new audiences. Not surprisingly, most of the others have video facilities there. So if you're looking for a different social media marketing platform or want to try something new, here are some of our favorite alternatives:
- Instagram Stories: Needless to mention, Instagram lets users add text, filters and music to their stories in an effortless way.
- Facebook: You can also use Facebook ads for video advertising campaigns that let you target specific audiences based on gender, age range, interests and so much more. This method is particularly effective because it allows advertisers to get very specific with their targeting criteria—for example: "people who like yoga" or "women aged 25-35."
- Snapchat: This popular app lets you share photos and videos that disappear after a few seconds - perfect for brands that want to be seen without being remembered! It also has an extensive audience of over 100 million daily active users.
- Twitter: This microblogging site lets companies highlight their best content with Tweets and hashtags, making it easy for consumers who want content updates from their favorite brands. In addition, Twitter has over 396 million users around the world (according to Backlinko) so it's definitely worth considering in your strategy.
TikTok Pros and Cons
The advantages of TikTok marketing include:
- The platform is growing exponentially in popularity.
- The audience is young and tech-savvy, so they're more likely to engage with your content.
- You can target a specific demographic through hashtags.
- You can take advantage of the platform's unique features, like Story and Highlights.
- It's a fun and new way to engage with customers.
- TikTok is widely used by younger people, so you can reach a wider audience than you may be able to on other social media platforms.
- TikTok has many features that make it an excellent marketing tool, such as video editing tools and the ability to post links in hashtags.
- You can use TikTok for longer videos than Snapchat (10 seconds or 60 seconds) or Instagram Stories (15 seconds).
However, there are some disadvantages to using TikTok as a marketing tool. These include:
- You may not be able to attract users who aren't already on the app or don't have an account there. If you are trying to reach a new audience, then YouTube may be more appropriate because it's much larger.
- TikTok may not be as organized when compared with other social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. The lack of organization can make it harder for someone searching for something specific on TikTok than on other platforms that are better organized.
What Is TikTok Marketing? Round Up
Only a few years ago, many people were against TikTok because of the risk of data leak, but right now it seems that if you don't do TikTok you are behind the race. It's time you seriously considered TikTok marketing. I hope the above information will help your business find new audiences and get more chances to broaden the horizon.