Solo Build It! (SBI) is an all-in-one platform to help you make money online by providing necessary tools, training and support. In this Solo Build It! review, I will explain how you can build your online business, whether it's worth investing money for, pros and cons.
What Is Solo Build It?
SBI's "all-in-one" includes mainly a website builder, keyword tool, training and support. So it allows anyone with no knowledge of internet marketing to start building a niche website and learn to become an online entrepreneur.
The URL is https://www.sitesell.com, which doesn't match against the name because the business has a long history. A Canadian company SiteSell Inc started as an e-book publisher in 1997 and started to provide this platform in 2001 by the name "Site Build It". A couple of years ago it was rebranded as "Solo" Build It.
The new name still confused me. Because the word "solo" often refers to solo ad traffic, and for a long time I thought Solo Build It! was just a traffic provider. It actually refers to "solopreneurs", means entrepreneurs who work alone.
Solo Build It! sets out a framework called "CTPM" which stands for;
- C for Content: The content you create will define your online presence - your website content and social media posts.
- T for Traffic: Your content needs to be found by people. Drive traffic via search engines and social media.
- P for PREsell: Means engage with your visitors. You need to "pre-sell yourself" by building a trust relationship.
- M for Monetize: Convert the visitors who are willing to buy ("pre-sold") into income.
2 x Website Building Options (WordPress or Not WordPress)
Solo Build It! now offers two options, whether to use its in-house website builder "BlockBuilder 2" (BB2), or WordPress. The same volume of tools, training and support are offered, except for the web hosting and domain registration fees.
If you choose to use BB2, they are included in the price whereas if you choose to use WordPress, you have to pay extra to use your own. The price comparison is as follows.
(a) BlockBuilder 2 Option
$29.99 per month, or $299 if you pay 12 months in advance (2 months free).
(b) WordPress Option
$17 per month, or $149 if you pay 12 months in advance (3+ months free), plus web hosting fee and domain registration fee.
As far as the price is concerned, WordPress option is more economical because the extra you pay will be;
- Cheap web hosting company such as Bluehost will only charge around $5 per month (or even cheaper around $3 per month if you pay 3 years in advance).
- Domain registration cost can be anywhere between $0.99 - $14 per year. Say, $10 per year.
WordPress option will cost you $149 + hosting $60 + domain $10 or so = $219 per year. Whereas the in-house BB2 will cost you $299.
Choose Solo Build It! for WP
Between the two options, not only because of the price but also for another reason I would strongly advise you to go for the WordPress option.
Using an in-house website builder is never a good idea because as soon as you cancel the membership, your site will be deleted. BB2 is meant to be a very user-friendly drag & drop website builder, but whatever the site building technique that you've learned will be wasted as soon as you leave.
Whereas WordPress is universal and versatile. It's the most popular website builder on a global scale. It's relatively easy to use and well worth learning. When you cancel SBI! membership, your site will remain, and you'll only be paying $60 web hosting + domain $10 = $70 per year. That's the absolute minimum charge that any website owners pay.
If you, for any reasons, decide to take a break from website building for a few months and resume at a later date, you can take a backup of your whole WordPress site and reuse it in the future.
Solo Build It! Training (Action Guide)
The 10-day course called Action Guide consists of text, video and audio. It does not mean you'll make money by Day 10, it will take you through from the very beginning stage to the point of making money using your website.
- Intro: The 10-DAY BIG Picture - Introduction to the CTPM concept.
- DAY 1: Master the ALL-Important Basics - Understand the importance of "PREselling" (to build trust with visitors). Also an introduction to the private members-only forum community.
- DAY 2: Develop Your Best Site Concept - Choose your niche, Learn the importance of the keywords - introduction to the keyword tool.
- DAY 3: Brainstorm More Profitable Page Topics - Create a list of in-demand keywords. Finish with your "Site Content Blueprint".
- DAY 4: Investigate and Plan Monetization Options - Find what your site visitors' needs and identify solutions.
- DAY 5: Refine Your Site Concept and Register Your Domain Name - Also understand the difference between building a serious online business and just a "make money" site.
- DAY 6: Build a Site That Gets the Click! - Create your site and verify site ownership with Google and Bing, submit your sitemap.
- DAY 7: Build Free Traffic From a Variety of Sources - Learn how to work with search engines and build free, targeted traffic.
- DAY 8: Develop Relationships - Build a mailing list, RSS feed, contact form, social buttons and learn to build up social presence.
- DAY 9: Know Your Visitors - How to analyze traffic, click-through rates, referrers, purchases, and subscriptions.
- DAY 10: Monetize — It's Time! - Implement the monetization plan.
Tools and Modules
The main tools that come with Solo Build It! are as follows;
- Site Designer & Block Builder: SBI's own site building tool
- Brainstorm It!: Keyword search tool
- MailOut Manager: Email newsletter publishing tool
- Social Media Integration Tools such as Face It! (Faceook) Pin It! (Pinterest)
- Analytics Tools include search engine tracking, pinging, ranking reports, traffic stats and click analysis.
Except that if you choose to use WordPress, obviously the site designer/block builder will be replaced by WordPress. Then there are hundreds of other analytics plugins and social media integration plugins are available to download freely out there, so you won't really need to use SBI's.
90-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Solo Build It! offers you to "take the test drive" which is misleading, because it doesn't offer a free trial. You have to pay for at least one month to gain access to the modules. But the good news is it offers a 100% "no questions asked" refund if you claim within 90 days. If you pay 12 months in advance, you'll get your money back on a pro-rata basis.
Solo Build It! Pros and Cons
Solo Build It! Review Summary
I would recommend Solo Build It! for WP (WordPress) to you if:
- You are new to internet marketing.
- You wish to build your first niche website and learn to monetize it.
- You are on a budget.
But as I mentioned earlier, the cheapest you'll be paying is Solo Build It! for WP $149 plus around $70 for web hosting and domain name = $219 in total.
And also as I've already mentioned, I don't recommend the all-in-one Block Builder option for $299 per year because it's too pricey and inflexible.
I'm a WA'er (Wealthy Affiliate member) and I know a lot of my fellow WA members compare these two services and give SBI the thumbs down. Unfortunately I have to agree with them on this one.
Free membership option, the premium membership is $359 per year (just $60 more than SBI), allowing you to create up to 50 WordPress websites, including secure web hosting with turbo speed, training, vast community plus free access to the keyword tool. WA is the obvious winner.