If you're looking for a decent affiliate marketing training - and I mean a 'decent' one - but you're on a tight budget, read my following Powerhouse Affiliate review. It has everything you need to learn about from Day 1 to the advanced level. Genuine and straightforward. NO upsells, NO ClickFunnels, and NO patronizing "motivational lectures" by gurus. Basically no time-wasting, and it shows you everything that every experienced internet marketer does to make money.
Powerhouse Affiliate I think is particularly beneficial for quick learners, but those who want to take things slowly will also get to learn a clear-cut way to build an affiliate business.
Powerhouse Affiliate Review
Free to join - $20 per month / $297 Lifetime
What is Powerhouse Affiliate?
Powerhouse Affiliate (PA) is an interactive affiliate marketing training course. It has over 40 text and video lessons across 6 modules ("stages") plus case studies and webinars. The training is focused on;
- Startup (choose your niche, set up your website and get it rolling)
- The most effective landing pages
- Traffic and analysis
- Lead generation and email marketing
It's one of the very few affiliate marketing courses that teach free/organic traffic as well as various paid options. It has good help and support including the community forum.
PA is also equipped with all-done-for-you landing page templates, so you don't have to type in words or customize images/layouts. All you do is to load it onto your WordPress site and place your affiliate link (full step-by-step instruction is provided as part of the training).
Who Is Powerhouse Affiliate For?
Powerhouse Affiliate is definitely for those who are new to affiliate marketing. The training is extremely comprehensive and you really don't need any previous knowledge and skills.
It's probably NOT for someone like me who likes to keep blogging and wishes to learn detailed SEO techniques. But this is for you if you seriously want to start making decent money within a reasonable timescale.
Needless to say, it's not for do-nothing-and-get-rich-quick dreamers.
Why Do I Recommend Powerhouse Affiliate?
There are a few things that I love about this training program but simply put, I recommend Powerhouse Affiliate because of the quality;
I've seen so many online business training with too much "lengthy stuff" thrown in. They put hours & hours worth of videos, too many supplementary ebooks, and charge a lot of one-time fee for the volume of it. I think Powerhouse Affiliate has enough information, extremely comprehensive, and therefore it's very kind to the new users in that respect.
The Creator - Joey Babineau
Canadian Joey Babineau has been in online business since 2002. He provides numerous tips in CPA (cost-per-action) affiliate marketing methods on his website DayJobHacks.com and also on his YouTube channel.
How Much Will It Cost You?
There are three options;
- $20 per month, or
- $97 for 6 months ($23 cheaper), or
- $297 lifetime access.
Lifetime membership is the most popular choice because whenever you need a support in years to come, you can ask using the forum or send a private message to experts without worrying about paying extra. But if you don't think you can afford it, you can start as a monthly member, then consider becoming a lifetime member any time at a later date.
Apart from the payment to Powerhouse Affiliate, you'll need;
- Web hosting fee to Bluehost (approx. $40 - $100 per year with free domain name). Bluehost is one of the cheapest and most reliable web hosting service companies. This is normal, the minimum you'll have to pay if you want to start internet marketing, whether you join PA or not!
- WordPress visual editor, OptimizePress (from $99 per year). I use Thrive Architect myself which is slightly cheaper (you need a visual editor for online marketing, believe me!) But without using OptimizePress, it'll be hard to load PA's premade landing page.
- Plus the cost to send traffic to your site; the training includes how to use solo ads and Bing ads. You don't have to use them at all, and if you do, you can spend as much or as little you want.
- All others are free - WordPress and link tracker (BeMob) are free. Also, plenty of marketing graphics are provided by PA for free.
To summarize, the amount you initially invest will be $140-$200 for the marketing tools for 12 months and $20 peer month of Powerhouse Affiliate training. Plus the cost for the advertisements to send traffic, depending on how much you are prepared to spend.
If you really want to go economical, it is possible to build your site without using OptimizePress (save $99 per year) and download a free landing page builder plugin instead - it is possible. In which case you need to self-teach how to replicate a PA's landing page template. Not for you if you're new to WordPress editor.
The Course Modules
Here are the modules - it's designed to follow from the top to bottom and at the end of each lesson you can check the box to "mark as complete", but you don't have to. You can start from anywhere you want, you can skip any lessons at any time, and go back to take any of the lessons over & over again at any time as you wish.
Stage 1: Affiliate Marketing Certification
- Lesson 01 - How You Will Achieve Success
- Lesson 02 - How You Make Money As an Affiliate
- Lesson 03 - Niche & Target Market Research
- Lesson 04 - Setting Up Your Website Part 1
- Lesson 05 - Setting Up Your Website Part 2
- Lesson 06 - Time to Make Money With Blogs & Landing Pages
- Lesson 07 - Set Up High Converting Landing Pages
- Lesson 08 - Tips for Profitable Landing Pages
- Lesson 09 - Tracking
- Lesson 10 - An Overview of Website Traffic
- Lesson 11 - Free Traffic? Really?
- Lesson 12 - The 90 Day Challenge
Stage 2: Email List Building Certification Course
- Lesson 01 - The Affiliate Funnel & Email Autoresponder
- Lesson 02 - Creating Your “Opt-In Bait” & Squeeze Page
- Lesson 03 - Auto Responders & Squeeze Pages
- Lesson 04 - Auto Responder Sequences
- Lesson 05 - Tracking Your Email Opt-ins & Subscriber Rates
- Lesson 06 - The Blog "Pre-Funnel" Strategy
- Lesson 07 - List Segmentation
Stage 3: Performance Marketing Certification – CPA
- Lesson 01 - What is CPA Affiliate Marketing?
- Lesson 02 - How to Get Accepted into Top CPA Networks
- Lesson 03 - CPA Offers, Restrictions & Traffic Sources
- Lesson 04 - How To Collect Leads and Prepare Your Killer Sales Funnel
- Lesson 05 - Setting up The Squeeze Page
- Lesson 06 - Setting Up The Tripwire/Landing Page (Advertorial)
- Lesson 07 - Connecting the Dots & Setting Up Auto-Pilot Sales
- Lesson 08 - Strategy 2 - The Landing Page "Hack"
Stage 4: Website Traffic Certification
- Lesson 01 - 4 Pillars for the Foundation of a Traffic Surge
- Lesson 02 - Solo Ads
- Lesson 03 - Bing Ads Traffic
- Lesson 04 - Push Notification Traffic
- Lesson 05 - Video Traffic
- Lesson 06 - Facebook Traffic
- Lesson 07 - Native Ads
Stage 5 – CPA Display Academy
- Lesson 1 - Webinar worth watching
- Lesson 2 - What Are Native Ads and Display Networks
- Lesson 3 - Best Landing Pages for Native Ads
- Lesson 4 - What is the Perfect Advertorial?
- Lesson 5 - The Ads and Networks
- Lesson 6 - Optimizing and Scaling Native Ads
"Mastermind" Case Studies
- Bing Ads - Black Friday & Q4 Gift Ideas Campaign
- Push Notification Ads - Airpush (dead traffic source)
- Native Ads - Profitable Campaign for Lead Gen
- Facebook Ads - White Hat Diet Campaign & List Building
- Google Ads - How to Crush Ecommerce CPA With Search Traffic.
- How to Build an Email List Fast - All the important things you need to know about building an email list.
- Everything You Need to Know About Affiliate Offers - All about affiliate offers to ensure you get maximum ROI on your campaigns.
- How to Set Up Profitable Native Ads (MGID Edition) - How native ads work and common strategies to win. Also about widgets, tracking, live samples of data, plus 3 x campaign examples.
- How to Choose Profitable Affiliate Niches and Discover What Competitors Are Doing
- How to Create High Converting Landing Pages - 18 of the most important things every landing page needs.
- "How I Made $10,000 Last Month on Adsense While Running CPA Affiliate Offers" - Learn how to blast past the competition and generate large lists of emails.
- How to Make Money With Native Advertising & CPA Offers - how they work, how to properly set up your tracking, ads and landing pages.
- How to Set Up Direct Linking Campaigns & Get Free Traffic With No Investment - how to start earning commissions with ZERO investment. Top free traffic sources to use as an affiliate.
Landing Page Templates
Powerhouse Affiliate is currently equipped with 36 x landing page templates across the "Golden 3" niche categories that sell;
- Health (CBD Oil, weight loss, skincare, teeth whitening, memory)
- Business opportunities / Work from home
- Dating / relationships
Plus other popular niches such as gaming/casinos, gadgets, and finance (loan). You can load it easily onto your site from the dashboard if you have an OptimizePress editor.
Free Marketing Graphics
There are over 10 graphic packages for you to freely download and use. Some of them are extremely useful because searching for the right, copyright-free graphics can be so time-consuming.
Some of the animated graphics: optimized for web (i.e. lightweight less than 10Kb), perfect for any sales pages.
The packages include;
- Animated Graphics - Animated call-to-action text, buttons, badges and seals, arrows, checkmarks, etc.
- Premium Characters Business Pack - A collection of high-quality business-related vector graphics.
- Premium Pricing Graphics 2 - Pricing tables, price stickers, price badges, price bubbles, price
- 3D Icon Maker - 36 x pre-made templates, pre-installed with some different shapes like checkmarks, text, and other signs. They also come pre-styled with some nice layer styles and nice color combinations.
Criticism of Powerhouse Affiliate
I have seen some negative reviews of Powerhouse Affiliate, which I actually don't agree with. I'll list up some of the points and express my opinion here.
"It doesn't teach SEO technique."
It does a little bit, not in a great deal. Simply because Powerhouse Affiliate is not about content marketing! Content marketing is one way to promote products by blogging or YouTubing and to drive organic traffic (e.g. by Google search). The method requires SEO skills which could be very useful in the long run. But that's not the only way to make money as an affiliate. PA is focused on landing pages and call-to-action, not blogging, to start making money relatively within a short period.
"You have to pay extra for traffic"
PA teaches you some methods to drive free traffic as well as paid methods. I don't mean to be patronizing but generally, people who flatly deny paid traffic methods are inexperienced marketers. If you want to make money quickly, you must spend money on advertisements. If you don't want to invest money, the option is just like I mentioned above, content marketing. Learn the SEO, keep blogging and increase your website's authority level which will take at least 6-12 months. That's the reality.
Powerhouse Affiliate is friendly to those who are on a budget because the training fee is relatively low, it recommends Bluehost which is cheap and reliable. You can initially invest a small amount of money on advertising and scale up as you make bigger profits - that's what we all do.
"Too many texts!"
I actually don't think so. Like I explained earlier, the training is both in text and video. What's easier to understand in text format is in text, but some step-by-step instructions, for example, are easier to digest if shown visually. So Joey takes you through in the videos.
Whenever you want to check back something, you can browse through the headings and quickly revise it from the text. If it was all in video format, you'd have to fast forward/rewind to find everything, that would be more awkward.
14-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Powerhouse Affiliate is free to join, but if you pay for the premium and decide this is not for you, you can contact the support desk inside your own powerhouseaffiliate.com account within 14 days and claim a full refund. If you are happy to pay monthly, it's an auto re-bill program of $20 per month until you cancel.
Powerhouse Affiliate Pros and Cons
Powerhouse Affiliate Review: Conclusion
If you want to learn affiliate marketing right from the start, willing to have your own site and start promoting profitable products to make money, Powerhouse Affiliate will definitely help you to achieve your success within reasonably a short period. The already proven landing page templates will save you time from trying & testing, and there are plenty of resources such as marketing graphics for you to use.
This is an actually actionable training platform plus tools at relatively low cost. I definitely recommend it.
Thank you for the useful information. I have been looking to learn to make money online for a while, and have been misled to grab the wrong programs twice. One was just an Adobe reader book, and the 2nd one was some old videos narrated by someone with a strong African accent. I have been looking for a proper affiliate marketing course and this seems to serve right. I will look into it. Can you please check some other recommendations that I received lately?
= link removed =
Thank you for the thorough Powerhouse Affiliate Reivew. I understand completely about free traffic and paid traffic.
If you don’t pay it will take too slow to make money but payment to the course and payment for traffic at the same time is too much for me in the beginning.
Is there a way to make money first to cover the training course then start paying for traffic later.
Hi Ajay, the program is designed to train new affiliate marketing starters, including those who are very low on budget. So yes, you’ll get to learn free traffic methods, and when you start making affiliate commissions you can roll forward some of your profits to spend on paid traffic. I suggest that you just sign up to receive free training first, ask any questions that you may come up with, and see how you feel. Bes of luck with your success!
Affiliate marketing is really a good platform for promoting and banding your business online.
Your article is very helpful for who wants to grow their business online and wants to make money from online.
I have also written article about affiliate marketing you can check this line given bellow
I wish more marketers would cover Youtube Ads….way easier to set up than a FB Campaign and you really gotta screw up to get an account ‘banned’ on YT..but I can’t say that for Facebook!
Hi Dawson, thanks for sharing your thoughts. There’s a reason for it. While it may be easier to “set up” a YouTube ad, I find it much harder to create a video itself and therefore find it easier to run FB campaigns overall. Speaking in front of a camera is technically and physically harder for many of us. For example, I found Jon Penberthy’s YouTube training great and easy to understand, but I personally felt I couldn’t replicate what he suggested.
To this date, I haven’t found a good video graphic training course specifically for YouTube training (i.e. YouTube training without appearing/speaking). And I guess for tutors, it’s easy to provide “all-done-for-you” sales funnel packages but hard to provide done-for-you videos that are customizable and usable by the students. If you know a good training program that covers YouTube without appearing, do let us know. Thanks for your comment.
I can see this is a very useful training course. I just checked this guy Joey’s website he seems very helpful but I emailed him 2 days ago I have not had a reply. Can you help?
Hi Chrissie, which email address did you send it to? If you are a premium member, you can get advice from the community forum as well as the Facebook group. Any questions you can also ask me here.
How can you know you can make money with this course without learning about traffic. I do not know when I start it if I can be sure I do not use a lot of money. Nevertheless I do not make only a few amount from the beginning. Please help me to make how much Powerhouse Affiliate. Thank you.
Hi Godwin, as I already explained in the post…you will learn all about traffic from this course. How much you’re going to make all depends on how seriously you learn, how seriously you work on your site, how much you spend on traffic and how wisely you invest it. Your first challenge is to pay $19 and learn as much as you can in the first 30 days. Good luck, let me know how you get on. Thanks for your comment.
Hi are you saying no blogging is needed but I’m not sure how difficult to set up a website? I know only a little about WordPress but many years ago. I struggle with everything technical. Is there a training for that?
Hi Val, yes Joey will teach you how to set things up. You’ll be importing landing pages, so you won’t need to design layouts. Any tweaks to be made will be shown in the videos. And if you still seem to struggle, you can ask for support at any time. Hope it makes sense. I wish you all the best!
Hi Ray, I find the review really interesting and totally understand about the traffic. I have seen so many people looking for ways to make affiliate commissions for free. But the only option in the beginning is to share your link on social media and you are lucky if you make any money specially when you don’t have many friends & followers! I know it’s difficult for newbies when they don’t have any money to invest. It proves that online marketing is not easy but you will make a good success if you are persistent and keep learning. Powerhouse Affiliate seems to give good training opportunities. I also agree about the text & video training. I prefer to learn from both formats when I learn something new! Thank you for your review, Ray, this is very inspiring for me.
Hi Tomasz, I’m glad you agree on the combination of text and video formats. I guess it’s entirely up to the user but without prejudice, virtually all the affiliate networks and web tools require users to read more or less, therefore if you couldn’t read, you’d struggle to even sign up with any of them. Yes as you say, you spend money wisely to make money if you want good results quicker, and that’s not easy. You’ll get to learn a good technique from Powerhouse Affiliate. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I appreciate your input.
Hello… must a have a personal website to join power house..
Hi Matrona, no you don’t have to have a website to receive this course, of course not. As I explained in the post, it will teach you how to set up a website. Any more questions don’t hesitate to get back to me. I wish you all the best!
Powerhouse Affiliate was very good system. I joined about 6 months ago. It made me learn so many things about affiliates. It was good because everything was easy to understand. It was a little bad because I did not get money when I bought solo ads. But overall I think it’s very good training if you don’t have much money.
Hi Ken, thanks for sharing your experience. Solo ad traffic can always be hit & miss, it takes a while before you get the know-how but this is a great platform to learn the all-around basics as you say. Thank you, I wish you all the best!
I recommend it 120%. I bought so many affiliate marketing programs I must have spent over 7000 dollars combined but never made success. that is including super affiliate system that was too complicated. pa is much easier to remember and from the beginning to the end I enjoyed it. I got all my sites ready to promote within a few weeks now I make most of affiliate commissions from CPA.
Hi Debbie, wow that’s great to hear that! I wish you all the best of continued success. Thanks for your comment!
How long will it take you to finish the course and when can you start promoting affiliate products?
Hi Mike, if you are a quick learner, you can complete the course within a month, and you can start promoting within the first few days. It all depends on how quickly you can adapt it. Any more questions don’t hesitate to get back to me. Thanks for your comment.