Goose VPN Review – Cheap, Handy, Reliable
There are so many VPN service providers around, and which one you should choose depends on the purpose of use and how seriously you need the service. I've been using Goose VPN for a few months and am pretty happy with it - seems perfect for a light user like me. Today in my Goose VPN review I'll show you what I use it for, and whether it's worth paying money for.
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
To put simply, VPN redirects all your internet traffic through an encrypted tunnel, making it impossible for other people to see your activities on internet when you use an open Wifi network in a hotel or store. I live in the UK and work from home. But I rarely use public wifi, I don't download anything dodgy. I mainly switch on my VPN when;
- I watch streaming contents (YouTube, Netflix) that are only available in the USA.
- Products/services that I'm promoting are only available in the USA - targeting US audience but I'm not in the US myself. Sounds a little stupid but it often happens to me! I need to check them before I can promote, obviously.
- Sneakily researching other sites without exposing my IP address.
- Making sure my link tracker (ClickMagick) is blocking/or not blocking a VPN access or not, for my customers' sake.
- Checking price tables in other currencies - most sites detect the country of residence from your IP address and automatically show the price plan in local currency. As an affiliate I'd like to know it in US Dollars, that's a universal measurement. Some sites cruelly never let you switch it to the USD page.
So I don't feel in desperate need of a VPN service, but I do use it on a daily basis only for a few minutes each time, and find it useful. If your internet use is restricted by the network (e.g. work, ISP) or censored by government, VPN becomes a great tool to bypass the restriction.
I use Goose VPN because it's one of the cheapest, and find it reasonably reliable as far as the speed is concerned. Up to 50 Gb of protected data usage for $2.99 per month, or unlimited data for $4.99 per month. The first 30 days free.
Goose VPN is based in The Netherlands and covers 55+ servers across the world, with almost 39,000 users currently. It works on:
- Android TV
The server locations include: USA (8 locations), Canada (2 locations), Australia (2 locations), The Netherlands (13 locations), UK (4 locations), Austria, Belgium (2 locations), Denmark, Finland, France, Germany (3 locations), Iceland, Italy, Moldova, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia (2 locations), Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Hong Kong, India, Israel and Singapore.
Other features include;
Installing Goode VPN on Windows or Mac is easy - all you have to do is to download the setup file from the Goose website and follow the instruction, as you normally install any software. It's also easy for iOS or Android - download the file from App Store/Google Play respectively.
Installation on other devices - router, NAS, Linux, ChromeOS, Raspberry Pi 3 (CODI) - there are separate instructions to follow, available from the Download page.
Just choose your desired location and flick the switch on, are you'll be connected. The location can be changed from the dropdown menu and, the change will take place instantly. Optionally you can connect to VPN automatically upon login to your desktop.
Perhaps you can start the 30-days free trial and see how useful it will be for you. $2.99 per month thereafter up to 50Gb usage is virtually nothing.