If you are considering becoming a ClickBank affiliate and promote some exciting, evergreen products to make money, seeing is believing. ClickBank is 100% free to join and it's immediately actionable. It will only take a few minutes to set up your affiliate account, start searching for products and promoting them on your website right away.
ClickBank provides plenty of guides in the help/knowledge base pages, but they're so thorough that if you wanted to learn from the beginning to the end of everything, you could spend days reading them. So this post is a rough shortcut for you. With this brief guide, it will only take you 15-20 minutes from signing up to getting your own unique affiliate link. So here is "ClickBank Affiliate - how to use ClickBank and make money".
Sign Up With ClickBank
Signing up with ClickBank is very simple and straightforward.
- Click "Create Account" from the top menu.
- Fill out your name, phone number, email address.
- Accept Terms and Conditions and Join ClickBank!
Upon joining, you'll be welcomed by a brief video presentation, followed by an invitation message "Want a Head Start?" You may want to learn how to use this site thoroughly, but this is actually an invitation to ClickBank University, a paid training course. Which is very good, but it won't exactly be cheap.
So click "No" for now.
You'll be taken into your account, where you're required to tell them who you are and what you are;
"Let's complete your profile"
- Your name, email address, country, and your phone number are already displayed since you provided before joining.
- Enter your street address - this is for them to verify your ID when they start making payment to you. You might as well fill it out now.
- "How would you like to be paid?" - Put your name that appears in your bank account. Or a different name if the payee is someone else other than yourself. You can change it at any time.
"Let's optimize your performance"
A couple of more questions to answer from the dropdown menu.
- "I want to..." Tell them that you want to promote products as an affiliate unless one of the other positions applies to you.
- "My company's annual revenue is..."
Now go to "Accounts" from the left-hand side menu, and create your nickname.
The nickname you've chosen will be used in all of your unique affiliate link URLs. It means it'll be visible to your prospects during the order process. For example, if you nickname your account "johnsmith", your affiliate link to Product A can be; https://producta.com?hop=johnsmith
Keep this in mind, because you may want to name it something recognizable by others that it's you, or you may want to stay anonymous, in which case you want to set it as a string of characters, e.g. "abcd1234".
Once you've created a nickname, you can't change it. But you can create as many nicknames as you wish, according to the niche, for instance.
Access Your Affiliate Dashboard
Now click your nickname to access your affiliate dashboard, where you can find the actual affiliate products, get your unique links, set your payment preference (i.e. receive your commission by check or by bank deposit), as well as knowledgebase and transaction reports.
You can also access "Affiliate Marketplace" from the left-hand menu to find products. But if you access from here, you'll have to type in your nickname each time you get your unique affiliate link, so it's easier to access the dashboard by clicking your nickname.
When you're in the dashboard, all the steps are explained. But for the first time, perhaps you can sort the list by popularity to check a few bestselling products, and what kind of sales page each seller present.
- Click "Marketplace" on the top menu.
- Leave the search box blank and simply click the magnifying glass icon. All the active affiliate products will be listed up by popularity.
You may have noticed the list of niches in the left-hand column of the site where you can click and filter search the products further. Such as by average sales, by average initial sale or rebill sale (e.g. monthly membership), and by date added to the marketplace. You can get a little more information from here.
"Gravity" is a score that indicates how many affiliates have successfully sold the product in the past 12 weeks. The number of affiliates, not the number of units sold. So it means the higher the value, the more popular among ClickBank affiliates but also the more competitive. So the number can give you an idea of which products are currently selling well.
Promote A Product!
So you can decide whether to promote a product or not by the gravity score. Not too low because it's not popular, but not too high because too many other affiliates are already selling well. Your target prospects may have already purchased that particular product. It is generally said that a gravity score of anywhere between 15 and 70 is good, but this is just to give you an idea.
- Click the title, and you can view the actual sales page.
- Click to view the affiliate page - supplementary information is provided to affiliates, such as how you can effectively sell, plus banners, email swipe templates.
- Click the "Promote" button to get your unique affiliate link.
Get Your Affiliate Link
When you click the "Promote" button, a link generator window will pop up.
- Make sure your nickname is correctly displayed. If you've accessed your affiliate dashboard from the "Affiliate Marketplace" menu of the homepage, this box will be blank. Then just type in your nickname there.
- Some sellers have more than one sales page. You might want to check each one, generate your link (3 & 4 below) and decide which sales page is best for you.
- Click here to generate your "HopLink" (affiliate link).
- This is your link. Copy, paste it on your browser and double-check it's working.
The variation of the sales page can be by different types (e.g. video-only sales page, text version, webinar page) or by price (full price offer or discounted offer). A discount page may sell better than a full-price page, but you'll receive less commission accordingly. It's entirely up to you to decide, and of course you can try the variations, or promote different pages simultaneously to different types of audiences.
ClickBank Affiliate – How To Use ClickBank and Make Money
I hope the above brief guide will help you get your affiliate promotion started quickly. Any questions or thoughts, don't hesitate to leave a comment below. I wish you all the best!
How I "Finally" Make Over $6,000 Monthly Income
"The most valuable thing I've ever done!"