Commission Plan X is being sold with full of unrealistic, false claims such as allowing you to earn $400-$1,000 per day, complete lack of imagination. If you are used to seeing make-money-online products, you will immediately close the browser for sure. But... The actual product turns out to be not all too bad. It's a dilemma for all of us - it's the exact kind of sales page that you should stay away from if you're seriously looking to run an affiliate marketing business. Grossly misleading, I would even call it a scam. But if you were new to all this and accidentally bought it, I definitely think you would learn something actionable from it.
Today my Commission Plan X review will show you the actual content. But I also want to explain what the "scammy signs" are, so you'll no longer waste your time wondering if that kind of scheme can help you make money, and ultimately, you won't become a victim to scammers' cheap tricks.
Commission Plan X Review
Commission Plan X
"Dylan/Daryl" Gardner (fake names) - Steve Jackson/James
$47 $17 + upsells
What Is Commission Plan X?
The Commission Plan X teaches how to promote ClickBank affiliate products on social media by adding a CTA (call-to-action) button to a webpage you share. You need a particular tool for it to work, and you'll be asked to use "Cool Links" which will cost you an extra $34.95 per month.
It's a 6-step video instruction guide, almost exactly 60 minutes in total. All the videos were newly recorded in January 2020. The entire process is easy, the step-by-step instruction is crystal clear and easy to follow. The seller says that the "setting up will only take 15-20 minutes" but I think it's literally about setting your accounts up. Then you need to watch all the videos and, if you are a complete newbie, you may spend the rest of the day creating your own ads, researching and review the videos.
Of course that doesn't change the fact that what's being said in the sales video is deceptive. Unrealistic income claim, false scarcity, fake names, fake testimonials, the "brand new method" claim... There's nothing new, many affiliates are already doing it.
Who Is The Seller/Creator?
The sales videos are across two parts, and each part is spoken by a different voice actor. In the first video, he says his name is Daryl Gardner, but in the second one, he says "Hi, it's me, Dylan again." So not only is the seller going incognito, but the videos are quite harshly made because I've noticed quite a few punctuation and grammatical errors.
Whereas the man who recorded the tutorial videos calls himself Steve Jackson. But he shows his Facebook screenshots in the video and his profile shows as "Steve James", so we really don't know who's behind it. He may not necessarily be the seller of the Commission Plan X.
But at least I can say that I actually find his step-by-step extremely easy to understand. Although again, at the beginning of the session Steve says, "You are learning a new skill, it should take a day". The "15-20 minutes" referred to in the sales videos is misleading.
Who Is The Commission Plan X For?
It's for those who have no knowledge or experience in making money online. It's just one simple way of promoting, designed for complete beginners. If you have affiliate marketing experience, I don't think it's worth joining because it's not a sustainable way of making money, in my opnion, which I'll explain a little later.
The Method Overview
I just said, "promote affiliate products by adding a CTA button to a webpage" before sharing it on social media. I'll explain the method a little bit more with an example.
- "Cool Links" is a tool that allows you to create a floating ad and insert it to a page - any page - that you want to share.
- e.g. You've decided to promote a dog training program as an affiliate.
- It means your target audience will be dog owners/lovers.
- Just google and find the latest dog-related news/story page that you think will draw attention.
- Go to your Cool Links account, create an ad, and let the system insert it to the webpage you want to share (pretty straightforward).
- Cool Links will provide you with a special link.
- Post the link to social media, for example Dog Lovers' Facebook group.
- The members may click the link to read the webpage, which has your ad floating in the middle.
- If they click the ad, they'll be directed to your affiliate page. And if they purchase the dog training product, you'll receive an affiliate commission.
Free "Strategy Session"
When you first log on to Commission Plan X, a welcome message will pop up, advising you to call a number and speak to the "team member". It is named a "free 30-minute strategy session", but I haven't called the number and I wouldn't if I were you.
Because you've just signed up. You haven't learned anything from the sales page about what it is you're supposed to do. If it was a genuine "strategy session", it would be offered at the end of the video tutorials, not right at the beginning. Whoever the session host should be asking you how you feel about what you've learned so far. From my experience, it's most likely to be nothing but a sales call. You know you won't want to waste your time dealing with that kind of thing.
How I "Finally" Make Over $6,000 Monthly Income
"The most valuable thing I've ever done!"
Step 1: The Setup
- Part 1: System Overview (3 mins)
- Part 2: Get A Cool Links Account (2 mins) - How to join Cool Links.
- Part 3: Affiliate Account (2 mins) - How to join ClickBank.
ClickBank is one of the greatest affiliate networks, so if you've never heard about it, it may be a little useful information for you. Although you can find tons of "how to use ClickBank" instructions for free just by googling.
Cool Links - there's not really a point carrying on with the rest of the video tutorials if you don't join Cool Links, because the whole method is about using this tool.
So if you haven't expected to spend any more money after you joined Commission Plan X, it may be a slap in the face. It will cost you $1 for the first 7 days, and $34.95 per month thereafter.
Step 2: Organization
- Part 1: Create a folder (2 mins) - How to create a folder in Windows.
- Part 2: Make a Sheet (3 mins) - Introduction to Google Sheets.
Creating new folders in your hard drive is to save all your affiliate-related files (images) in one place. Using a Google Sheet is to list up all your affiliate products and links so that you can easily keep track of them.
I believe these are useful skills for many of those who are completely new to online marketing. Because remember, the whole Commission Plan X method does not involve website building, which means you won't have your own domain space. So you'd have to keep your record somewhere, and if you were a complete newbie, you'd appreciate this guide.
Step 3: Research
The 3rd step is the actual beginning. How to select a product from ClickBank, get your affiliate link and paste it to your Google Sheet. Then Google search to find a related webpage that you want to share.
- Part 1: The Process (3 mins)
- Part 2: Select a Product (5 mins)
- Part 3: Research Topics (5 mins)
Step 4: Build a Campaign
In-depth step-by-step instruction on how to use Cool Links.
- Part 1: Create a profile (2 mins)
- Part 2: Create a campaign (2 mins)
- Part 3: General settings (3 mins)
- Part 4: Overlay & link (9 mins)
- Part 5: Meta tag settings (5 mins)
- Part 6: Test your campaign (2 mins)
Step 5: Post Your Link
- Part 1: Post your link (3 mins)
- Part 2: Commenting (4 mins)
How to post your link on Facebook and the comment section of someone's YouTube video.
Step 6: Daily Tasks (4 mins)
- PLR Products - 5 x PLR products are available to download for free, all related to web traffic, including "Untapped Traffic Formula (2015)", "Traffic Unleashed (2018)" and "Quick Cash Traffic System (2016)".
- 5 of the recommended YouTube channels to follow.
Cool Links - Should You Join?
Cool Links may provide a great service, allowing you to share webpages with your social followers. But I haven't tried it myself, and I cannot personally recommend it for two reasons;
- The service is not openly available to the public. The site (mycoollinks.com) is not listed on search engines, we can't find user reviews, we don't know who owns it or any information.
- It's too expensive. I would recommend Linkiro instead. It provides the same service for 7 days free trial, $12 per month thereafter. I don't know whether Cool Links may allow you to do other stuff, but just to share webpages with a call-to-action button, Linkiro does the exact job.
There are a few other negative points about using such a service.
- It cloaks links. It means the original URL will not be shown in the address bar, which can often be considered deceptive. I would have thought Facebook wouldn't allow cloaked links, but it seems to allow them currently.
- The link doesn't work on every page. Pages that use "iframe" will return as an error. So you can't share YouTube or BuzzFeed pages, for example.
- It may be a good thing - this method allows you to "appear to" casually share interesting web content, but your intent is to sneakily advertise your affiliate product using someone else's platform. You might question the integrity of it.
Upsell - X Multiplier
"X Multiplier" will provide "79 x done-for-you campaigns" for a one-off fee of extra $197, but it's a little too much to pay as it doesn't explain exactly what kind of campaigns are.
Can You Make Money With Commission Plan X?
Don't believe any of the people who appear on the Commission Plan X's sales videos - they're all hired actors and the "testimonials" claiming to make such large sums of money are fake.
If you remember what the seller was saying - he said that he was paying money to these people. And you know the entire content of Commission Plan X is about making affiliate income. So you know that the sales page is full of false claims.
Can you make money with Commission Plan X? It is possible, but this is something that thousands of other affiliates are already doing, and it's not the best method, because;
- You'd have to have a lot of social followers and engage with them immensely so that they will actually click the webpages that you share.
- You're not learning anything about building your own landing page and how to use it from this method, which are vital elements of affiliate marketing.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Commission Plan X is sold via ClickBetter and you're covered by the 60-day money-back guarantee. So if you've purchased it and feel you've been scammed by the deceptive sales page content, that'll be your valid reason to ask for a full refund. Contact ClickBetter via your email receipt, and your payment will be refunded within 2 days or so.
Commission Plan X Pros and Cons
Commission Plan X Review - Conclusion:
Despite the scammy sales video content, the actual Commission Plan X video tutorials aren't too bad, in my opinion. But as you can see, if you were to follow this particular exact method, you'd have to pay $35 to the "Cool Links" tool that nobody knows of.
We often come across this method used by new affiliates, and therefore it's extremely unlikely to make a lot of money by using this system, let alone "$1,000 per day" as claimed by the seller. Sorry, personally I cannot recommend Commission Plan X.