Without a doubt, smartphone apps are becoming increasingly useful for investments. Investing platforms were often limited to desktop browsers only until a few years ago, which means we had to find time to sit down and monitor the performances. Nowadays you can check it while commuting or on lunch break wherever you are. It’s great to be able to access the stock market and manage their own investments.
If you are looking to get started in investing but don't know where to start, then this blog post is for you. I will show you the top 9 phone apps for investments that are currently available on the market to help you make a decision when selecting the most suitable app for you.
Stash gives you personalized recommendations based on your goals and risk tolerance.
Sounds pretty great so far, right? Here are a few more reasons why we think Stash is worth checking out:
- You can start it with as little as $5. So if you’re new to investing or don’t have a lot of money to spare, this app is definitely worth considering.
- It’s super easy to use. One of the best things about Stash is that it’s designed for simplicity. The interface is clean and user-friendly, and the whole process is straightforward and easy to understand.
- It offers educational resources. If you’re new to investing (or even if you’re not), Stash offers a number of articles and guides that can teach you the basics and help you make informed decisions about where to invest your money.
- You can choose from a variety of investment options, including stocks, ETFs, and even real estate.
- There are no management fees, so you can keep more of your money.
If you're looking for a simple way to invest without all the fees, Robinhood is a great option. This app allows you to buy and sell stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptos with no commission fees.
- You can also set up a weekly or monthly automatic investment plan to help you save money.
- There is no human interaction like there would be with a traditional broker. This can be good if you feel comfortable without interacting with anyone, or not so good if you feel you need someone to take you through.
If you're comfortable making your own investment decisions, then Robinhood is a great option for you. However, if you prefer guidance from an expert, this may not be the best platform for you.
Robinhood also offers a premium version of the app, Robinhood Gold, which gives you access to extended-hours trading and margin trading.
Acorns is a great way to get started in investing, especially if you don’t have a lot of money to start with. And it’s not just for people who are new to investing. Even experienced investors use Acorns to save time and make the process easier.
Acorns is an app that helps you invest your spare change. When you make certain purchases, it can invest the small change into a portfolio of ETFs. This gives an opportunity to anyone who has no knowledge of investment to get started “from somewhere.”
- Acorns offers a hands-off approach to grow money. Once you've set up your account and linked your bank account, the app will automatically round up your purchases to the nearest dollar and invest the difference into a portfolio of ETFs. So, if you buy something for $3.50, Acorns will invest $0.50.
- It also offers a monthly subscription service that gives you access to premium features, such as detailed analytics and goal setting.
Over time, those small investments can add up to a lot of money. In fact, as of 2020, Acorns had 8.2 million customers. And it’s not just for adults, the app is accessible to all ages.
Wealthfront is a phone app that helps you manage your investments and grow your wealth. The app provides a personalized wealth plan based on your goals, risk tolerance, and time horizon. It also offers a tax-advantaged investing account called a Tax-Advantaged account, which allows you to invest in a variety of assets including stocks, bonds, and ETFs. The app also provides access to Financial Advisors who can help you with your investment decisions.
Ellevest is a financial company run by women, primarily for female users, and the phone app helps you manage your investments and make decisions about where to put your money.
The app provides a personalized portfolio based on your goals, risk tolerance, and time horizon. You can use the app to monitor your wealth, set up alerts, and track your progress. Ellevest also offers a variety of resources to help you learn about investing.
Ellevest is a phone app that allows users to invest in a variety of different ways;
- You can set up an investment account, choose how much you want to invest, and select from a variety of different options.
- There is no minimum balance required to open an account, and you can withdraw your money at any time.
- You can set up automatic deposits into their account, which makes it easy to save regularly.
- Ellevest offers a wide range of options such as ETFs and mutual funds including stocks and bonds.
- The app provides real-time data and analytics on user portfolios.
- It has low fees relative to other investment apps, making it an affordable option for new and experienced investors alike.
Betterment is an app that makes investments easy. With just a few minutes of sign-up, you can start investing with a minimum deposit of $10. There is no minimum balance, and the annual fee is only 0.25%.
Ways to save more with Betterment include tax saving features, Cash Reserve, competitive interest rates, and rewards on thousands of brands with the Betterment Visa Debit Card.
Personalized financial planning is another great feature of Betterment, allowing you to tailor your stock-and-bond risk level to your individual savings goals and experience level. Plus, with access to our financial advisors at an added cost, you can get even more out of Betterment.
You can manage money for everyday spending with Checking, Retirement saving with an IRA (Roth IRA, Traditional IRA), or Retirement planning with a 401(k) plan for your business – all with Betterment.
SigFig is an asset management services website as well as an app that allows users to track their investment portfolios and get real-time insights into how their investments are performing. The app also provides a platform for users to learn about different investment strategies and share their ideas with the community.
8. Personal Capital
Personal capital is a phone app that allows you to track your investment portfolio and receive personalized advice. You can use the app to see how your portfolio is doing, get recommendations for how to invest your money, and monitor your progress over time.
The app is free to download and use, and it’s available for both iOS and Android devices. Setting up an account is quick and easy, and you can link your existing investment accounts or open new ones directly through the app.
- It will give you an overview of your portfolio, including how much money you have invested and what kinds of investments you have.
- You can also see how each investment has performed over time.
- The app can also give you personalized advice on where to invest your money.
- The app looks at your goals and risk tolerance to make recommendations about which investment products are right for you.
- You can adjust your goals at any time, and personal capital will automatically update its recommendations accordingly.
Monitoring your investment portfolio can help you stay on track with your financial goals. With personal capital, it’s easy to see how well your investments are doing and receive tailored advice on where to put your money next.
The app is free to use, but there is also a premium version with additional features.
With this app, you can see all of your financial accounts in one place and get a clear picture of your net worth. This makes it easy to track your progress and stay on top of your finances.
Wealthfront is one of the leading robo-advisors and offers a great phone app to help you invest your money. With Wealthfront, you can start investing with as little as $500 and the app will help you invest in a diversified portfolio of low-cost index funds.
One of the great things about Wealthfront is that it offers free financial planning tools to help you understand your investment goals and risk tolerance. The app also has a great feature called "Auto-Rebalance" which automatically rebalances your portfolio as your money grow.
If you're looking for a simple, user-friendly way to start investing, Wealthfront is a great option.
9 Easy Phone Apps For Investment Beginners: Wrap Up
The top 9 phone apps listed above are designed to help make investing easier and more efficient. Whether you're just getting started or a seasoned investor looking for an edge in the markets, these apps can help you get what you need from your portfolio. With the ability to track stock prices, manage portfolios, or connect with other investors around the world - these apps can provide powerful insights into how best to invest your money.
I hope that this article has helped you narrow down the choice of phone apps for investments and shown you the potential of what they can offer.
How I "Finally" Make Over $6,000 Monthly Income
"The most valuable thing I've ever done!"